Today was a day off college, and I went in to record Northoad from 15:00 to 17:00.
I picked a Unit E gang member up on the way and arrived early (at around 10:00) to set up some lighting for some video recording we're doing tomorrow, and also to set up the drum kit for when Northoad arrive later since that's what we'd decided on doing together.
When Northoad arrived, the drummer wasn't with them and wasn't answering any phone calls or messages, so we had to abandon the drums and do lead and rhythm guitar for another track instead.
This is the input list for the drums. It took a while to set up:
- A1: Kick Batter - AKG D112
- A2: Kick Resonant - AKG D112
- A3: Snare Over - Shure SM57
- A4: Snare Under - Tiny condenser with interchangeable capsules
- A5: OH L - AKG C1000s
- A6: OH R - AKG C1000s
- A7: Room Front - Rode NT-2
- A8: Room Back - Rode NT-2
- A9: Floor Tom - Samson CO2
- A10: Tom 1 - Samson CO2
- A16: Talkback
For the lead and rhythm guitar, we used a Shure SM57 as a close-up, on-axis mic, and a Rode NT-2 further back.
This went smoothly, and we packed everything up neatly before 17:00, which is when we had to leave: