This morning, we packed all the equipment we gathered yesterday afternoon into a van and took it over to the Jellicoe Theatre. We then set everything up.
After exploring the wiring/wall box setup in the theatre, we decided to take the Jack to XLR loom from Studio 3 and use it to come out of the patch bay into our mixing desk. I took the loom over and plugged it in.
After experimenting with 2 different locations for the stereo room recording (one at the back of the theatre at audience level & one in the control booth), the stage manager didn't want either of them there because it presented a safety hazard. After brainstorming different methods of getting a room sound, we decided on using the camera microphones for audience noise (when wanted) and ditching the idea of a constant room recording blended in the mix. The stage manager said he wanted a clean studio sounding recording.
At the end of the day, I rang out the PAs ready for sound checks tomorrow morning.
This is the finalised stage plan: