For a personal project to be undertaken over the next few months, I want to produce, mix, and master multiple songs collaborating with singer/songwriters in order to build up a portfolio and gain future work through showing it off on my website and social media, since this is what I want to do in my career. I want to focus on producing, mixing and mastering songs for other people, however, my project may include song I've written myself. I also want to strengthen my brand identity which will manifest in areas like my website, logo, email designs, YouTube videos etc...
- Target Market: Artists that are looking for a music producer / mix engineer to help with their project.
- Required Human and Physical Resources: Artists, my own production equipment including MacBook, Logic Pro, Audio Interface, and college equipment including Music Studio, Mixing Desk, Microphones, and Instruments such as the grand piano.
- Networking Opportunities: I'll have a larger portfolio of work that I can use to attract future clients, and the artists I work with now may tell others about me or want to work with me again.
- Measures of Success and Potential Monetisation: I want to make high quality, completed songs that I'm proud of and have no issue using as marketing material for the services that I offer. Having a larger portfolio of high-quality work will increase my chances of artists wanting to work with me meaning my work will be monetised in the long run, however, by releasing the songs on streaming platforms now, I'll be earning money in the short term too through royalties.
- Potential Challenges and Constraints: I sometimes take a really long time to finish songs, so it'll be a challenge for me to finish multiple songs in just two months, however, this is exactly what I need to do to improve.
- Project Timeline and Review Points
- Method of Presentation of Final Outcome: All the songs should be presented on my website, and I want to make many short videos that I can use to promote my production and mixing services which I'll post on my socials and website such as this one I did a little while back: