Unit E | Meetings
Today, we finalised everyone's job roles:
I then had a meeting with Aleks where we devised a plan together over a timeline:
- Go to Jellicoe Theatre and scout equipment (e.g. desk)
- Get tech riders from JJ
- Write input list
- Write equipment list (what’s already there / what we need to bring)
- Work with Harvey’s team and go through stage layout
- Test-run event in performance space
- Bring equipment over to the theatre
- Test-run event in the theatre
I then spoke with Harvey from site management about stage layout etc...
I also spoke with my lecturer who had attended an event in the same venue a few weeks ago, and he said that the live-sound team just used a kick drum mic and one overhead over the snare for the whole drum kit and it sounded incredible. He said that the kit was sitting on a stage block which helped the kick drum's bass reverberate.
We later went to the Jellicoe Theatre which is the venue for the event to scout out the area. We have 21 inputs altogether that run to the booth at the top, however, some of them come out of jacks meaning we'll need converters. Luckily our whole class made these exact converters so they'll come in handy. For recording the event to upload to YouTube, we'll want room mics. There's a camera at the top of the audience which has a stereo pair of microphones attached which would be perfect to blend in with all the other microphones.
Timetable with Andy:
- He has Covid. Write contacts. Plan promotional content.
- Record TJ’s drums for ‘Ground Floor’ | Finish the other songs | Begin recording the final song.
- Same as Week 2.
- Prepare for the event, and continue preparing songs for later release.